Here are some predictions that I’m making up purely on a spur of the moment whim.
- President Bush will not get any smarter.
- China will become ever more powerful
- Global warming will melt ALL the ice on the planet by 2004 *cough*
- Popular Music will continue to suck
- Sony will release the Playstation 3
- I will continue to eat a lot of pasta
- Bagels will continue to be purchased at Safeway until I move someplace that has better bagels.
- The buck a day company will self destruct while stuck in a loop of watching their own shitty ass commercials.
- Futureshop will continue to get closer towards burning in hell
- Wal-Mart will continue to drop their prices
- Costco will remain a madhouse
- Stale bread will not taste better with more jam
- Canada will turn into the next Amsterdam (see legalize it)
- Computers will get faster
- Eating too much spicy food will prove the “ring of fire” theory still applies
- Enemas will continue to be feared
- Women all over the world will continue to be insane
- Men will continue hunt women for their lush offerings
- Women will continue to hunt women for their lush offerings
- Gay porn will still “not be cool”
- Bottled water will go up in price
- Macs and 7/11 will continue to get pissed off at you when you use a credit card to purchase 5 cent candies
- The Gap will not change their advertising campaign
- Singapore will instate the death penalty for bringing gum into their country
- Copies of Microsoft Windows will continue to crash
- The Xbox will continue to crash as well
- And lastly, R4NT will continue until there is nothing worth saying anymore..
- Predictions 2003
- by David Gluzman
- Published on January 1st, 2003
More from David Gluzman:
R4NT Radio August 2006
Round 3 of R4NT Radio. In an effort to makeup lost ground from July, we’ve got an extended program featuring: Lee Baby Simms, Phil Ranelin, Bonobo, Niko, Osunlade, Delinquent Habits, Richard Dorfmeister, Kerri Chandler, and Rubim De Toledo.
Alexkid – Mint
There is no question good dance music comes from France… …do ‘Daft Punk’ or, ‘St.Germain’ ring a bell? Well it’s been a hard time coming to find this latest gem of an album from ‘Alexkid’ (who you guessed it, is from France).
Mint is his second full fledged release following up his previous album “Bienvendia”. His …
10 Days in la Pura Vida
It was high time to pack up some shorts and head out to experience Central America! Backpacks and plane tickets only.
Amon Tobin – Out From Out Where
Excite your senses..
From an original Jazzy sound back with Bricolage (June 1997) Monsieur Tobin has managed to move farther (Permutation 1998) and farther (Supermodified 2000) away towards his own unique sound. His latest release is certainly no disappointment, yet shows that Amon Tobin is still growing as a musician.
Back From Space is an amazing album …
The Future of gaming
..Killing 50 or so people in a random arena, or clicking to death an opponent in a RPG is just pathetic. *Yawn* I don’t have the time or energy to devote building up skills (character stats) in different games.
A non researched view of Insurance Companies
I only have one more year to go in order to reach premium platinum adult driving status or for my car insurance to drop to a record breaking low, glory I can’t wait. Hold up, back up the truck. I’ve been paying insurance on vehicles for about 6 years.. Hmm. That’s about… oh.. $18,000..A non researched view of Insurance Companies
Other recent features:
Sónar 2010 – Barcelona, Spain
The festival attracts a lot of outsiders, but the Mediterranean, Spanish and more specifically Catalan nature of the people makes the festival what it is. Catalan people are passionate and this passion is infectious. The atmosphere is electric in Barcelona as a city and heightened by music and intoxicants at Sónar.
Summer Party Naval Styles at Seven RestoLounge
Oysters, like wine are affected by terroir and these Miyagi’s flavor profiles ranged with one showing a cleaner, almost tropical profile and the other being more salty, marine driven. As I was devouring the seemingly endless plates put in front of us, I sipped on a glass of fine sauvignon blanc.
R4NT Radio March 2010
R4NT Radio March 2010 um wow it’s been far too long since the last edition edition, featuring: Hector Hernandez, The Infesticons, Blockhead, Gramatik, Emika, Thunderheist, Parov Stelar, Eddy Meets Yannah, Anti-Pop Consortium, The Slew, Lighterthief, Andreya Triana, Parasyte Woman, Mathon, Venetian Snares, and Funki Porcini.
O Restaurant & Lounge revisited
Calgary has a diverse set of urban communities, most of which have the ubiquitous strip mall watering hole. In the South West community of Marda Loop, a reinvention of this paradigm has been established.
Predictions 2010.. and beyond!
So 2010 eh? Almost but not quite (no year zero they say) another decade? It seems like just yesterday that the world was waiting for Y2K. R4NT started publishing in March 2001, so we’re not quite 10 years old yet, but in internet years we are already a senior citizen.
No matter what, the reality of Nelson Mandela is something that deserves screen time. Should this film even remotely intrigue the masses to take interest in this figure, the world would likely benefit greatly from it.